We’d love to show you around a local Youth Zone, allowing you to see for yourself the impact that these centres make. Simply fill in your details below and a member of the team will be in touch to arrange a visit.
Please keep me updated on OnSide Youth Zones news and updates by email, post, SMS, phone or other electronic means. OnSide Youth Zones will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell them to other companies for marketing purposes.
You need to complete the reCaptcha:
We are looking for a motivated and organised person to support our business development and fundraising activities. We need an individual with experience providing effective administration support in a busy team environment. The role is varied, with the opportunity to support income generation through working on events, community fundraising, corporate fundraising and external funders.
Blackburn Youth Zone supports young people in Blackburn with Darwen, providing more than 120 enriching activities every week. This role is an opportunity to support our committed and enthusiastic team and make a real difference to the lives of young people.
Working hours are 16 hours per week monday to friday – working days/times to be agreed with the successful candidate. Due to the nature of the role, there may be occasional evening and weekend working. The ability to work flexibly is
As Business Development Assistant your role will include:
● Develop and manage the Business Development administration tasks including
databases, requesting/chasing invoices
● Manage key communications tasks including sending out newsletters, reports and
● Manage the stewardship calendar, reminding the team of key dates and tasks to be
● Maintain the Business Development library, keeping it up to date with information
such as research and reports
● Support the organisation and delivery of fundraising events
The ideal Business Development Assistant must:
● Be passionate, energetic and committed to supporting Blackburn Youth Zone
achieve its mission
● Be highly organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
● Have strong IT skills with the ability to pick up new systems easily
● Be a team player, willing to get stuck in and support team members
● Have experience working in an administration role
● Have strong communication skills
You will benefit from:
● Personal development opportunities with the opportunity to take part in wider
● Being part of a young, dynamic and creative team
● Working for an important cause – Blackburn Youth Zone exists to give young people
of all backgrounds and abilities opportunities to have fun and develop personally.
● 33 days holidays a year including bank holidays
● Your birthday off every year
● Use of our fully equipped gym
For a full job specification, please click here