WEST, Hammersmith and Fulham Youth Zone is recruiting a Recreation Area and Holiday Club Manager to manage the Youth Zones open access recreational area during term time, and the Youth Zone’s Holiday Club which runs all day, Monday to Friday during school holidays.
The ‘Rec’ is at the very heart of the Youth Zone, where every young person enters and spends time in at some point during every visit. This role will be responsible for creating a space that is warm, welcoming, active, full of life and challenge. Our Holiday Clubs give young people a place to go when they’re on school holidays. This post holder will be responsible for creating a lively, dynamic, inspired and fun-loving ‘rec’ environment for all young people aged 8- 19 (up to 25 for those with additional needs) year-round. During Holiday Cub they will be responsible for coordinating an exciting offer across the youth zone and acting as ‘session lead’.
About the Recreation Area and Holiday Club Manager role
In the first 12 months, you will have:
- Supported the Youth Zone to achieve 1000 visits by young people a week, inspired by the continually changing & vibrant offer
- Collaborated with the delivery team to ensure a vibrant & engaging programme is in place every session, planned 3 months in advance with input & cocreation with young people.
- Grown, recruited, developed & led the sessional delivery team to provide a supportive, safe, inclusive, and ambitious environment.
- Have developed strong local partnerships which result in direct benefit to the borough’s young people.
- Introduced the OnSide evaluation framework alongside young people’s feedback to enhance the quality of the support given to help young people’s progression.
- Ensure volunteer & young leaders are well managed and supported.
- Delivered holiday clubs engaging 80 young people a session
- Plan & promote for holiday project delivered 13 weeks of the year
To apply, please:
Complete an application form and return to email@example.com or apply via the website Vacancies – West Youth Zone
Please provide the following information:
- Confirmation you are eligible to work in the UK (the successful candidate will be required to provide documentary evidence before an offer of employment is made);
- Any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or the selection process. In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an Enhanced DBS check.
Click here to view the Recreation Area and Holiday Club Manager role profile