We’d love to show you around a local Youth Zone, allowing you to see for yourself the impact that these centres make. Simply fill in your details below and a member of the team will be in touch to arrange a visit.
Please keep me updated on OnSide Youth Zones news and updates by email, post, SMS, phone or other electronic means. OnSide Youth Zones will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell them to other companies for marketing purposes.
You need to complete the reCaptcha:
A unique opportunity for an experienced Volunteer and Training Manager to lead on the volunteer recruitment and training strategy at Hideout Youth Zone, a brand-new charity with a state-of-the-art building offering a wide range of activities and targeted services for young people.
Hideout Youth Zone is a state-of-the-art £6.6m facility currently under construction in East Manchester and is due to open in Spring 2020. Attracting young people from across the city and beyond through its fantastic facilities, the Youth Zone is a registered charity and will provide positive activities and practical support, with the aim of enabling young people to make constructive use of their leisure time and raise their aspirations. This is a brand-new role offering the opportunity to be involved in shaping a high-quality team of staff and volunteers to help shape the future of the Youth Zone.
Click here to download the role profile
The Volunteer Recruitment and Staff Training Manager will hold overall responsibility for the volunteer strategy and management of all volunteers. This will include recruiting, training and supporting a sizeable pool of volunteers to work alongside qualified staff across the different sections of the Youth Zone and on other projects. They will also support the Head of Youth Work to develop and deliver CPD and training for sessional youth workers and staff to enable the delivery of quality youth sessions in line with operating principles and recognised youth work values and competencies.
· You will have substantial experience of recruiting, managing and motivating volunteers
· You will demonstrate a positive, ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to enthuse and inspire your team.
· You will have hands on experience of training design and delivery and be able to work well under pressure, underpinned with a relevant qualification or equivalent experience.
· Strong interpersonal and networking skills and a knowledge and awareness of issues affecting young people are essential in order to be successful in this role.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the brand new senior management team of the Youth Zone, helping to create a long-lasting legacy for young people in the area!
The strength of the OnSide network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people; we place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, 30th July 2019
Video Interviews deadline: 12 noon, 6th August 2019
Interview day: 13th August 2019
To apply and for further information about Hideout Youth Zone please visit our website: https://www.hideoutyouthzone.org/vacancies/ Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/Hideout_YZ
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying for this position. In addition, please provide the following information:
1. Details of your current or most recent remuneration package and notice period;
2. If you have at any time been convicted of a criminal offence, please provide the details in strict confidence.
3. Confirmation you are eligible to work in the UK (the successful candidate will be required to provide documentary evidence before a job offer is confirmed);
4. Any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or the selection process.
Please note – CV’s without cover letters will not be accepted and cover letters must cover all points set out above.
For information regarding how OnSide youth Zones processes your data, please click here: https://www.onsideyouthzones.org/applicant-privacy/