20 Youth Zones by 2020
To date five new Youth Zones have been built based on the original Bolton Lads and Girls Club model, which is part the OnSide network.
We currently have:
- Approaching 7,000 visits per week, 350,000 per year across all Youth Zones
- Created over 200 jobs within the five new Youth Zones
- Recruited over 700 volunteers
- Raised over £50 million of funds for the benefit of young people
- Leading-edge activites for young disabled people to enjoy with their able-bodied peers
Our vision is that one day every town and city throughout the UK will have its own Youth Zone. With a proven model, experience of implementation and first-hand understanding of the positive impact for young people, our aim is to replicate the model and grow our network to 20 Youth Zones by 2020.
In doing so we will:
- Engage with over 50,000 disadvantaged young people nationwide
- Create more than 600 jobs
- Involve more than 3,000 volunteers
This is only the beginning. With more Youth Zones in the pipeline, the positive impact on Britain’s young people and the return on social investment for stakeholders will be unparalleled.
Take a look at the map below for our ‘live’ projects as well potential projects.